Thursday, March 3, 2011

A reason to get rid of the funk.....

So here I am feeling all sorry for myself and I read this posted by my cousin......

"Let’s cut right to the point. On Sunday, Shayne got the reports back from his most recent scans. His oncologist couldn't wait until Monday to tell him that he was 100% disease free. Not, the tumors have shrunk. Not the results look good, but the cancer is gone.
100%!!
We’d never expected for his doctors to be able to tell him this. I honestly don’t think they even expected that it would happen. We thought there would just be reports of tumors shrinking, the disease being managed, and another scan down the road. We had settled into our new normal of managing his disease week by week.
But now, by some miracle, it’s gone! *poof*
Needless to say, we’re still in shock, but we’re looking forward to a spring of rebuilding our house and recalibrating our sense of what’s normal."

Miracles do happen.....and my funk is stupid compared to Shayne's fight. Gonna keep this in mind =)



No comments:

Post a Comment